Prohibited & permitted items list
All individuals and their belongings are subject to search. The following information is subject to change without notice. Please check TRACKTOWN16.COM for the most up to date information.
The following ARE PROHIBITED in the Festival and Hayward Field Areas:
- Outside Alcohol
- Outside Food (unless medically necessary)
- Outside Beverages
- Coolers & ice chests (of any size)
- Large Bags/Purses (larger than 19” x 10” x17”) – Diaper bags will be permitted with baby
- Stadium seats larger than 17″ wide, 19″ high, and 10″ deep (folded)
- Lawn chairs & sleeping bags
- Animals (ADA defined service animals allowed)
- Firearms (including replica firearms), weapons, ammunition, handcuffs, chains and explosives
- Knives and other sharp objects
- Illegal drugs
- Hate material
- Matches, lighters, or other igniters
- Sticks (including selfie sticks), poles, tri-pods, mono-pods
- Motorized vehicles (i.e. segways unless medically necessary)
- Hover Boards
- Drones or any other wirelessly controlled device
- Bikes (Bike Valet available)
- Skateboards & skates/blades
- Metal containers (including metal water bottles and aerosol sunscreen)
- Glass Containers
- Balls, Frisbees, or other athletic equipment
- Laser lights or pointers
- Artificial noisemaking devices (air horns, bells, bullhorns, thundersticks, whistles)
- Masks and face coverings
- Helium balloons
- Disorderly conduct or obscenity (see “FAN CODE OF CONDUCT”)
Note: The Local Organizing Committee reserves the right to update or modify this list. Prohibited items and items determined to not be appropriate for entry into the Festival & Hayward Field Areas will be the responsibility of the ticketholder and cannot be accepted or checked. Anyone possessing PROHIBITED items will be asked to dispose of them in a waste receptacle or return the item to their point of origin.
The following ARE PERMITTED in the Festival & Hayward Field Areas:
- Video Cameras (for personal use only)
- Empty reusable plastic water bottles smaller than 1.5 liters permitted
- Small cameras will be allowed. No professional lenses will be permitted.
(Detachable lens must be less than (6) inches long and less than (4) inches in diameter. The overall camera and detachable lens combination cannot exceed (9) inches in overall length).
- Banners, flags, or signs not exceeding 24 by 36 inches in size. Accompanying sticks and poles are prohibited.
The Following items are allowed through the Security Screening Area, but have specific restrictions:
- Strollers are allowed in the Festival but NOT allowed inside Hayward Field. They must be checked at a Stroller Check location prior to entering Hayward Field.
- Umbrellas cannot be used or opened inside the Festival or Hayward Field Areas.
The cooperation, patience and understanding of spectators is greatly appreciated.
fan code of conduct
The US Olympic Trials 2016 is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all in attendance. In order to ensure a safe and celebratory environment, we ask that spectators refrain from the following behavior:
- Bringing prohibited items into the venue (see list at TRACKTOWN16.com under Spectator Information)
- Using a restricted item in the Festival or Hayward Field Areas
- Interference with the progress of competition (including throwing of items or entering the competition field/track)
- Failure to follow instructions of TrackTown16 personnel or law enforcement
- Violating federal, state, or local laws
- Obstructing views of other spectators or access ways (including banners, umbrellas, signs, flags)
- Affixing signs or other materials to the venue
- Unauthorized recording, videotaping, broadcasting or transmission through mobile phones, radios, and other recording or transmission devices
- Unauthorized marketing, advertising or promotional activity
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal in nature
- Profanity or other offensive language
- Wearing obscene or indecent clothing. Footwear is required at all times
- Fighting or threatening behavior
- Unauthorized loitering or solicitation
*For a healthier community and cleaner environment the University of Oregon is now smoke and tobacco free. All students, staff and visitors are asked to not smoke or use tobacco products on UO owned or controlled properties which includes Hayward Field and its grounds. Staff will educate patrons.
Q: What time does Hayward Field open?
A: Spectator Gates will open 1 hour prior to competition for each session.
Q: What can I bring into the venue?
A: There is a Prohibited and Permitted Items List (See above)
Q: Where is the closest public transportation?
A: Free shuttles will depart every 15 minutes from the two Park & Ride locations at Autzen Stadium and South Eugene High School. Shuttle times will vary day by day, depending on the festival and competition schedule. Be sure to check the schedule online or at the shuttle pick-up/drop-off locations. Anybody with an Olympic Trials ticket or credential can ride EmX and LTD transit for free throughout the Trials, July 1-10. For information, visit LTD.org or call 541-687-5555.
What are the shuttle times?
You can see the full Park & Ride schedule HERE.
Q: Where can I park my bicycle?
A: There is a free bicycle valet at University and 15th Ave.
Q: Where are the medal ceremonies held?
A: In Stadium on top of Section T.
Q: How many athletes are competing?
A: Over 1000 athletes
Q: How many volunteers are involved?
Q: How many Olympic Trials has Hayward Field hosted?
A: 2016 is the 6th Olympic Trials hosted at Hayward Field
Q: How many people does the stadium seat?
Q: Can I watch the meet on Television?
A: NBC Sports will be broadcasting the Olympic Trials. Click here for full schedule.
Q: Where can I follow the Olympic Trials on Social Media?
Twitter – @GoTrackTownUSA
Instagram – @TrackTownUSA
Facebook – Facebook.com/TrackTown
Hashtag – #TrackTown16
Q: Where is the 20km Race Walk taking place?
A: Salem, Oregon the start and finish will be at the Capitol steps.
Q: What is TrackTown USA?
A: TrackTown USA, Inc. is a non-profit organization committed to setting a standard of excellence in the sports of track and field and running by hosting premier events, creating a supportive environment for elite athletic performances, improving facilities and inspiring the next generation of track and field athletes and fans. Our company is responsible for organizing the 2014 IAAF World Junior Championships, the 2015 USA Track & Field Outdoor Championships, the 2016 IAAF World Indoor Championships and the 2016 U.S. Olympic Team Trials-Track & Field.